The key purpose of the Site Engineer is to ensure maintenance of all plant and services site.
Who We are
We are an independent business led by sister and brother team, Rebecca and Philip Rayner, on their family farm in Cambridgeshire. We’re the only farm in the UK growing and processing gluten free oats into porridge flakes, oat flour and our delicious gluten free oat drink, PureOaty. Since we’re involved in every step of growing, milling and manufacturing our oats, we know exactly what goes into everything we produce. We are the premier supplier of gluten free oats throughout Europe and supply customers and manufacturers right around the world.
• Ensure effective running, maximum uptime & minimal downtime for all our internal customers.
• Ensure that site PM and legal checks are completed in the agreed timescales.
• Ensure all Health and Safety processes and procedures are followed.
• Responsible for all plant and machinery on site.
• Ensure all parts that are required are requested/ordered and in a timely manner, with particular attention to essential items/longer lead times.
• Ensure that all work carried out meets current legislative standards
• Implement site production improvement initiatives.
• Carry out small in-house projects and implement to include full commissioning any other tasks that may reasonably be required by colleagues.
Skills and experience
• Nationally Recognized Electrical/Mechanical qualification to enable the safe diagnosis and repair of faults within motors, control systems and lighting systems.
• A thorough knowledge of all current and impending health and safety legislation.
• Ability to interface with PLC’s to determine and repair control system faults.
• Competence of Packing Machinery, Material Handling Systems, Pumping Systems etc. to suit the needs of our business.
• Sound fabrication skills incl welding/pipe fitting.
• Ability to be a team player and work closely with others.
• Good communication skills.