An interesting role for anyone that wants to get involved in food manufacturing. You will be supporting the production and packing of all our gluten free oat products.
The working hours for this position is 6:30 – 14:00
Who We are
We are an independent business led by sister and brother team, Rebecca and Philip Rayner, on their family farm in Cambridgeshire. We’re the only farm in the UK growing and processing gluten free oats into porridge flakes, oat flour and our delicious gluten free oat drink, PureOaty. Since we’re involved in every step of growing, milling and manufacturing our oats, we know exactly what goes into everything we produce. We are the premier supplier of gluten free oats throughout Europe and supply customers and manufacturers right around the world.
· Ensure compliance with health and safety/food safety and hygiene controls
· Maintain GMP standards in area
· Ability to carry out batch mixing from Recipe
· Complete all relevant documentation in accordance with Recipe’s
· Retrieve materials from Warehouse in accordance with BOM’s
· Operate Batch mixer
· Operate all functions of travelling oven
· Ensure waste is fully segregated in line with company procedures
· Stacking of pallets as required
· Remove waste, keep yards and work areas clean and tidy
· Able to safely use hand pump trucks and FLT’s
· Able to identify material and product varieties
· Assist with the collection of quality samples
· Carry out material testing in accordance with Recipe Specifications
· Infeed and collection to/from Productions Areas and Goods In.
· Working closely with the Team Leader \to ensure right products are delivered as and when required to ensure optimum stock levels at all times in production floor.
Skills and experience
This role requires the following technical skills and experience:
· Must have food and safety knowledge.
· Knowledge of manufacturing and production processes
· Manual handling and machine operation
· Must have a Forklift driver’s license.
This role requires the following personal attributes:
· Great attention to detail.
· Able to work under pressure.
· Able to communicate with people from diverse backgrounds.
· Punctual and reliable.
· Ability to stand for extended periods of time and to lift or shift boxes/pallets around.