Tetra Pak Filler Operator
We are currently looking for Tetra Pak Filler Operator that would like a varied role where you can have exposure to multiple parts of the business. We will provide full Tetra Pak training. The successful candidate will be working in a highly automated Packing area, supplying external customers with Plant based Milk in Tetra Pak’s, as well as managing activities on a specific line/category area, directing other team members and overseeing processes and production.
The Filler operator is a vital role in the Drinks Packing plant at Glebe Farm Foods Ltd. and is responsible for the day-to-day packing of the milk to the specifications of the customer, whilst adhering to the CIP regime, awareness of the Health and Safety protocol and maintaining excellent GMP standards within the department.
Within the role there are many tasks that require exceptional forward thinking, a can-do attitude and initiative. As a Filler Operator you will be expected to work closely with your team, reporting to the Senior Operations Manager and able communicate effectively with multiple teams across the site to ensure KPI’s and all standards are met. The Packing department has a highly automated system that requires good computer literacy and knowledge of Microsoft systems for the daily reporting.
Who We are
We are an independent business led by sister and brother team, Rebecca and Philip Rayner, on their family farm in Cambridgeshire. We’re the only farm in the UK growing and processing gluten free oats into porridge flakes, oat flour and our delicious gluten free oat drink, PureOaty. Since we’re involved in every step of growing, milling and manufacturing our oats, we know exactly what goes into everything we produce. We are the premier supplier of gluten free oats throughout Europe and supply customers and manufacturers right around the world.
• Follow all start up procedures to maintain Aseptic conditions.
• Select correct recipe and hold tube selected according to that.
• Ensure you use the right amount and type of ingredient as specified on the recipes.
• Perform packaging tests and pack all processed milk from Drinks Processing department.
• Supply packed milk to external customers within the required specifications.
• Carry out environmental cleaning on all associated areas of the Process Department.
• Understand and communicate all plant faults to the Maintenance team effectively and in a timely manner.
• Actively engage and contribute to lean improvement initiatives including daily SIC meetings.
• Maintain material supplies to the TetraPak Filler
• Understand and identify alarms and error withing the plant to ensure minimum lost time in production.
• Maintain environmental cleaning standards in all associated areas in the Process Department and cleaning solutions are of correct type, concentration, and amount according to recipes.
• Ensure all equipment is free from chemical residue after cleaning.
• Ensure all the relevant HACCP, quality, specification and GMP procedures are always followed, achieving the required standards.
• Liaise with other department to ensure production plan is adhered to.
• Liaise with QA team when reporting and investigating quality failures.
• Escalate to the Area manager any problems you are unable to resolve as soon as possible.
• Monitor and record any process losses in accordance with the escalation procedure.
• Practice good Health and Safety standards by raising and reporting issues.
• Proactive approach to maintaining standards within the department.
• Attendance to training courses and active engagement Team briefs.
• Ensure all Processed Milk meets the correct specifications and standards.
• Transfer of all Milk from the Processing Plant FMT’s
• Ensure that Packing Plant is running efficiently to meet departments KPI’s.
• Follow Packing plan to ensure full attainment to plan.
• Ensure that all CIP’s are carried out to meet GMP and technical requirements.
• Complete all paperwork and maintain records to a standard that meets both internal and external audit standards.
Skills and experience
• Level 2 Food Hygiene qualification desired but not essential.
• A high standard of both written and spoken English.
• Good numeracy skills.
• Good computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
• Ability to work well in small teams and communicate effectively with other key stakeholders within the business.
• Excellent forward thinking and planning abilities capable of using own initiative to resolve issues.
• GMP and Health and Safety conscious
• Proactive approach to working with a can-do attitude.
• Physically fit due to manual handling requirements associated with the role.