- 2 Cups Glebe Farm Gluten Free Plain Flour
- 1½ tsp of salt
- 2½ tsp Olive Oil
- 200ml Water
- 1 tsp Xanthan Gum
- In a bowl add the Glebe Farm Plain Flour, salt, olive oil and Xanthan Gum to form a dough and the knead for 5 minutes. NOTE: If too dry; add a little oil to make it more workable.
- Divide the dough into golf ball sized pieces and roll in-between your palms.
- Then, on a floured surface, press flat. Then, using a rolling pin, roll out the pieces into 4 inch discs.
- Transfer to a hot, dry, frying pan and lightly cook, then transfer back to the table.
- The pastry tends to puff up with the hot air so flatten it and cut the ‘pastry’ in half.
- Make a ‘cone shaped’ pouch by using ‘pastry glue*’ on the bottom side.
- Add the filling and ‘glue’, pinch and fold edges together to seal the somasas.
- Heat hot oil in a saucepan and fry till golden.
To seal edges:* In a separate bowl mix 2 tbsp of gluten free flour and mix with water into a ‘drop consistency’ paste to make a ‘pastry glue’!