Gluten Free Indian Plain Naan Bread Recipe
- 3 ½ cups of Glebe Farm Gluten Free White Bread Mix
- 1 Sachet Dried Yeast
- ¼ cup of Warm Water
- 3 tsp Sugar
- ¼ cup of natural yoghurt
- 1 Beaten Egg (or egg replacement powder)
- ¼ cup of Melted Butter or Dairy Free Margarine (Vitalite/Pure)
- 2 tsp Salt
- Pre-heat oven to 230°C, 450°F, Gas Mark 8.
- Sprinkle yeast over a quarter cup of warm water and leave for a few minutes and stir to dissolve.
- Then add 1tsp of sugar, stir and leave to froth.
- Mix natural yoghurt and the rest of the sugar in a bowl until smooth.
- Then add in remaining warm water, egg, butter, oil and salt. Stir in the yeast mix.
- In another bowl add 2 cups of gluten flour and make a well and pour in mixture and beat well. When it is to stiff to beat knead the dough using a little extra flour.
- Divide the dough into tennis ball size pieces and leave to rise in a warm area, covering with a cloth for 10 minutes, until doubled in size.
- Flatten balls and roll into oval pearl shape and place on an un-greased baking sheet.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
Please note that product quantities now go up in units per full case. Dismiss