- 75g Soft Butter/ Dairy/soya free margarine (e.g., Vitalite, Pure)
- 175g Sifted Icing Sugar
- 125g Dark Chocolate
- 85g Butter/ Dairy/soya free margarine (e.g., Vitalite, Pure)
- 3 tbsp Milk
NOTE: This recipe continues on after making our Gluten Free Chocolate Swiss Role (Make our Swiss Role and then come here for adding the icing to make it a Yule Log.)
To make Butter-Cream centre:
- Blend together the butter / margarine and icing sugar, until smooth.
- Spread evenly over the sponge and roll it up.
To make the Fudge Icing:
- Break the dark chocolate into pieces and place in a bowl with the butter.
- Place the bowl over hot water or in a microwave (1 minute, full power) to melt the chocolate and butter.
- Stir until smooth, then gradually beat in sifted icing sugar (It will be quite stiff).
- Beat in the milk and then leave to cool, stirring occasionally, until spreadable.
- Spread the fudge icing over the top of the cake with a palette knife. Run the prongs of a fork along the icing to resemble bark on a log.
- Finish by dusting with icing sugar lightly over the cake if required.