- 6oz Glebe Farm Gluten Free White Bread Mix OR Glebe Farm Gluten Free Plain Flour
- 9oz Currants
- 9oz Sultanas
- 1¼lb Raisins
- 300g (10oz) Glazed Cherries (Quartered)
- 6oz Mixed Chopped Candied Peep
- 2oz Chopped Blanched Almonds (Optional)
- 6oz Shredded Suet
- 1 Lemon – Rind and Juice
- 4oz Gluten Free Breadcrumbs
- 6oz Soft Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ½ Pint Gluten Free Brown Ale
- 3 Large Eggs
- ½ tsp Salt
This makes 2 puddings:
- 1x 1 pint basin
- 1x 2 pint basin
- Wash fruit and leave to dry overnight.
- Mix the fruit and all other dry ingredients into a bowl with the rind and juice of the lemon.
- Beat the eggs in a different bowl and then add to the mixture.
- Next mix in the ale.
- Grease the basins and fill with the mixture.
- Cover with grease proof paper and wrap a tea towel over the top of the rip and tie.
- Place the basins in a saucepan, add boiling water to two thirds up the edge of the basins.
- Boil for 8 hours in a saucepan with the lid on. Keep topping up with boiling water to two thirds up the basins.
- After 8 hours; remove from the saucepan, remove the tea towel and paper and leave to cool.
Please note that product quantities now go up in units per full case. Dismiss