- 200g Glebe Farm Gluten Free Chocolate Cake Mix
- 100ml of Cold Water
- 5 Eggs
- 300ml Whipped Double Cream/Whipping Cream
For a Swiss Roll:-
Substitute the whipped cream and raspberries with butter icing and jams
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C, 350°F, Gas Mark 4.
- You will need 3 mixing bowls! In a large bowl weigh out the Glebe Farm Gluten Free Chocolate Cake Mix and add the cold water and mix to a smooth paste and ‘dropping consistency’.
- In two other bowls, separate the eggs: 5 yolks in one bowl, 5 whites into another.
- With an electric whisk, whisk egg yolks for two minutes until pale yellow and then fold into chocolate cake mix.
- Wash and dry whisks. Whisk egg whites into firm peaks and fold with a cutting action into chocolate cake mix. Avoid losing too many air bubbles but ensure all egg white has been mixed in.
- Line a Swiss roll/baking tin with parchment and then pour in the mixture. Place in oven and cook for 40 minutes until firm to touch yet cooked.
- Bring out of oven and cool for 5 minutes in the tin. Turn ‘face down’ onto a lightly sugared surface and then peel off parchment gently ‘backwards’ to avoid tearing cake.
- For the cream centre; add the whipped double cream/whipping cream and some raspberries. Roll into a ‘Swiss roll’ shape. (It may crack a little but this will not affect the quality of the cake).
- Keep in the fridge or try freezing.