Selling fresh bread at farmers markets in 2000 Rebecca was constantly asked for bread free from wheat or gluten. She decided to develop a range of gluten free flours, bread and cake mixes and later gluten free beer and cider. Realising that pure oats were gluten free, the first crop of oats was planted in 2008 from which a range of porridge, muesli and granolas were created. Please see The Oat Story slideshow below.
GF Porridge Oat Flakes, Oat Meal & Oat Bran
Glebe Farm is an arable farm near Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire UK. Rebecca Rayner runs the farm with her brother Philip, an engineer. Glebe Farm is the only farm in the UK growing and processing gluten free oats into porridge flakes and oat flour. A designated processing unit steams and rolls the gluten free oats to be used by manufacturers and bakers. The oats are also used in the Glebe Farm’s own retail packs of gluten free porridge oats, muesli and granolas.
What is Coeliac Disease?
Diagnosis is improving however symptoms of coeliac disease take many forms, including: headaches, diarrhoea, stomach pains, lethargy excessive wind and/or constipation, nausea and vomiting, bloating, anaemia, iron, vitamin B12 or folic acid deficiency.
Glebe Farm gluten free range for Retail, Food service and Bulk
- Flours, Bread and Cake Mixes, Porridge Oats and Breakfast Cereals, Granolas
- Bottled Beer
- Bottled and 20L poly-pins cider: Sweet, Medium, Dry, Elderflower Strawberry, Blackcurrant, etc.
- Business Development Finalist, Small Business Excellence Finalist 2013
- Cambridgeshire Business Excellence Finalist 2009
- Sustainable Business Award Winner 2006. 2003